Friday, October 20, 2017

Here again

in city hospital . On Wednesday I started being sick and had awful pain so we went to docs and they sent me to SUC who deal with oncology . An X-ray showed a borderline blockage so I was on nil by mouth to give my bowel a rest . Lots of morphine later yesterday lunchtime they decided it was most likely to be severe constipation and to try eating and drinking again. Lots of laxatives later and I did a poo this morning , hurray ! Also saw my oncologist and oncology nurse who were lovely.   Had a CT to see if def poo and not Dolores causing problems by making kinks in my bowels. If all is ok we can process with chemo in the next few weeks . They will put a PICC line in which saves doing a canula each time . They are starting with a mix of irinotecan, panitumumab and 5 fluoluracil. Unfortunately the average prognosis even with chemo is 12-18 months but I’m not average.
I’ve got to stay in for the weekend so they can keep an eye on me. As long as the pain is under control and I’m not sick they are good signs  . I’ve got a special diet to follow that’s easily digestible so have a list of things I can’t eat that are hard to digest - unfortunately it includes many of my favourite veg . On the plus side I can eat cake !

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for cake, send love and hugs, you know where i am if I can help in any way

Unknown said...

Will bring cake! SX

Unknown said...

Will bring cake! SX

craftmad said...

Cake be bit stale but hugs are coming from me to you. Remember Tracy you find something to aim for and once you past that goal it's on to the next thing. You will prove them wrong lots of Love Anne xxxx