Tuesday, March 27, 2018

It’s been a while

yikes it’s actually 3 months since my last update . Sooo I guess in brief I had my second chemo at the start of January - which made me incredibly  poorly again so resulted in 5 days in hospital . Third time lucky and 4th due to taking all the anti sickness meds going . 5th and 6th  not so good due to the addition of centuximab which irritates my stoma , gives me acne , a sore tongue and basically makes me feel incredibly poorly and miserable  . After 3 goes at it we’ve decided to stop the centuximab as the negatives outweigh the positives , it’s not a guaranteed cure and it’s more important I can spend quality time with my family enjoying life . Will carry on with the other chemo still
I also had a scan which showed the  main Delores is slightly thicker and the other parts showed no change and no new sites which is positive  . The scan also showed blood clots in my lungs , apparently it’s very common in cancer patients and people undergoing chemo so I now have to inject my tummy every day to break them up and prevent more ( clearly my body thought Delores wasn’t enough to be going on with )
We are having our ups and downs, I get very angry with all the things Delores stops me/us doing . I’m incredibly lucky to have such an amazing husband who literally deals with my crap inside and out , keeeps us all going and our children , well we couldn’t be prouder of how well they take all this disruption
That’s it for now , at the moment I’m sick to the back teeth of cancer- it’s on the tv , in the high street , the appointments fill my diary I can never get away from it



1 comment:

craftmad said...

I know how you feel about adverts everywhere I still get mad at them. I know they need money but it’s rammed down your throat and when you have cancer it’s just that horrible reminder. Your doing well Tracy as is your family and quality time is the important thing with your family and friends. Your an amazing woman and I’m sure an inspiration to others.