Friday, August 3, 2018

It’s been a while but that’s because I’ve spent a fair bit of time in hospital . Firstly in June I got an infection , then was admitted with pain and vomiting which led to a scan and the discovery that Delores has spread further across my omentum . So no more centuximab ( a first line treatment ) as it was no longer working . Delores didn’t spread due to a few weeks between chemo sessions , she spread because she is a devious evil bitch and was always going to find a way round the chemo .
 Last week I tried a new type  of chemo and ended up extremely ill and yep for the fourth time in 2 months back in hospital .
So .... today we saw the oncologist . Doc said can't do anything to make this chemo any easier on me , it was the lowest dose and with all the anti sickness there is he completely understands our decision to stop chemo now and try to enjoy life, as the side effects are too much. The best we could hope for was a shrinkage , there has never been a possibility of a cure  He and the nurse said after everything I’ve  been through  I couldn’t have tried any harder .Obviously aware that I  can still be hospitalized from disease pain and side effects etc but that's the lesser of two evils as far as we are concerned. Last week was the straw that broke the camel's back, and I can't put the kids , Chris or me through that over and over again . So now the plan is to enjoy however long I have left with my family and friends . I’m still the incredibly stubborn and unpredictable me . Thank you for all the love you show us , especially Chris , all those things that don’t seem huge are huge to us - be that phone calls , looking after the kids , hugs , it all helps

Love

Tracy and Chris xx

No comments: